Game Development with Pygame
Use Python and the Pygame library to create simple games using 100% code.
This course teaches students how to make graphical computer games in the Python programming language using the Pygame library.
Students learn and strengthen STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Math) skills through game development.
Through experimentation with code, Students can understand simple methods and tools to create their ideas in today’s world.
What you'll learn
By the end of this course, students will learn:
- 8 units of Pygame concepts
- Graphical display of lines, shapes, and animations
- Game rules as written in code
- Simple input, control, random generation, and timing (delays)
- Methods to build games such as Blackjack, Connect-Four, Sudoku and Slot Machine
Suitable For Students Who Are:
- Ages 9-16
- Interested Beginners In Programming
- Curious About How Games Work
- Creative And Critical Thinkers
- Mathematically Inclined
Python is the #1 language choice for machine learning, data science, and artificial intelligence. It is also one of the most popular programming languages in the world – Huge companies, like Google, use it in mission-critical applications like Google Search.
If this course sounds interesting, feel free to sign up for a free trial lesson.
In the trial lesson, you can learn a little more about the topic, confirm the difficulty level, and if the tutor’s teaching style matches your learning style.
And if you are still interested after the trial lesson, you can sign up for more.